At a time when watchmaking Manufactures abounded and the watch was in perpetual development, technological advances were an opportunity for differentiation and to win new markets.
The Manufacture never wavered in its drive for innovation, regularly investing without hesitation in its technical department. In an article of the “Revue Internationale de l’Horlogerie” dated 15 April 1921, Henri Buhler insists on the fact that at Marvin :
Henri Buhler was admiring of the rigour with which this process was implemented, from the technical manager to the assembly and adjustment workshops, via the Mechanics department.
This extremely well oiled production chain, the many registered patents, the recurrent certification of its watches by the C.O.S.C – Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres – and the technical capacity for innovation – water resistance, anti-magnetism, shock resistance – made Marvin a brand famous for its reliability and the precision of its ébauches.
At the beginning of the 60’s, the Manufacture set itself apart with the development of extra-flat chronometers and movements, notably the extra-flat calibre n°515 – 101⁄2, diameter 23, 40 mm, height 2.70 mm.